Rodney Hobson is one of the country’s top financial commentators. He writes a weekly column for the Morningstar financial news website and his beginner‘s guide to the stock market, Shares Made Simple, has been reprinted five times and is in its second edition. He is a regular speaker at the London Investor Show, was a guest speaker on the Fred Olsen World Cruise this year and addresses investment clubs and other organisations. Rodney is a former News Editor for Business News on The Times and he has contributed to the City pages on the Daily Mail and The Independent. He has been interviewed on BBC TV and Radio and on CNBC. During seven years living and working in Asia he was Business Editor of the Singapore Monitor and Deputy Business Editor of the Far Eastern Economic Review.
Join Rodney in the Main Auditorium at 10.50 am for a workshop on finding income stocks for your portfolio.
Rodney has also developed an exclusive course for delegates at the London Investor Show – either for those seasoned investors seeking a refresher, or for beginners looking for a solid framework that they can use to start building a successful portfolio. Rodney’s “Back to Basic” course covers:
- How to read company results – the importance of looking back over five years and what conclusions an investor can draw
- How to read a company balance sheet Looking at trading updates
- Simple but vital investor ratios – PE, yield, PEG, ROCE
- Taking a long or short view – fundamentals v charting, dividends, price averaging, stop losses, churning
- Using your ISA allowance Takeovers Jargon busting
- How to set up a trading account. Charges.
- Where to get your information
You can find out more about the course, and book your seat, HERE
“Back to basics”, Conference Room 2, 1.00 pm – 3.15 pm (refreshments will be served and are included with your ticket)